Following on from the feedback we received from our customers we have restructured our website and updated the design. Hopefully you will be happy with the improvements but we would love to hear your feedback so e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online contact form.
Below are details of some changes which may help you find the information you are looking for.
Design: We have tried to minimize the clutter on the pages and keep more white space to help you find the information you require faster
Structure: We have changed the structure of our website based on your feedback and arranged the content around our functions and environmental themes. Check out the details of the new sections:
- Ireland’s Environment - In this section of the website you can access the latest information about Ireland's environment under eight separate themes or visit our dashboard of key environmental indicators.
- Licensing and permitting - In this section of the website you can access information about our licensing and permitting functions and you can also see summary details of licence applications and certain related documents in electronic PDF format (search for Licence/Permit). Based on your feedback we have also implemented improvements to the usability of this Licence/Permit search.
- Enforcement - In this section of the website you can access information on how the EPA carries out its enforcement responsibilities including licence enforcement and public authority enforcement. It also contains the latest information regarding prosecutions.
- Monitoring and Assessment – In this section of the website you can access information about our monitoring and assessment functions. A number of links in here will bring you to information in the thematic areas.
- Research and education - The research section of our website outlines details of the programme of research developed, supported and co-ordinated by EPA. You can also search our research database which outlines details about the various projects funded by the EPA. Education is a vital way to ensure the protection of our environment for future generations. In this section you can find out about the educational resources we have developed in recent years for both primary and second level.
- Publications and downloads – this section contains all the reports, publications, documents, forms etc. published by the EPA. You can use the search functionality or navigate to the document you need. When you go to a document you will see if there are related documents, such as similar reports published in other years, that may be of interest to you.
We have endeavoured to centralise a lot of the content on our website by its relevant thematic area:
- Climate change – In this section you will find links to the climate change related content including emissions trading and our popular climate change lecture series
- Air – in this section you will find links to the air related content including our new Air quality index for health map.
- Water – in this section you will find links to the water and waste water related content including details on the Water Framework Directive, our bathing water website and content relating to domestic waste water systems (including septic tanks).
- Waste – in this section you will find links to the waste related content including waste prevention, our reports on waste and hazardous waste.
- Soil & Biodiversity – in this section you will find links to the content relating to soil and biodiversity.
Data reporting and data sets: This section contains links to access other applications that you, as a customer, might need. It will also contain links to data sets that we have available.
Search: We have installed a new search engine but recognise that it may take some time to get this right. We will continue to tweak and improve this so please send us any feedback you might have.
We still have our News and events section and also our video sections which contains videos of various conferences we held and other environmentally themed videos.
Social media: In the footer of our website we have included links to the various social media sites we use.