Mission and Vision - Environmental Protection Agency
Our mission is:
To protect and improve the environment as a valuable asset for the people of Ireland. To protect our people and the environment from harmful effects of radiation and pollution.
Our vision is:
A clean, healthy and well protected environment supporting a sustainable society and economy.
Our values are:
- We are a trusted, independent and authoritative advocate for the environment.
- We make objective decisions based on the best available scientific evidence and information.
- We manage our resources effectively and efficiently to deliver value to the public.
- We regulate in a fair, proportionate and transparent manner and target those who don't comply.
- We make a difference by working with others to build trust, networks and partnerships to deliver effective outcomes.
- We strive continuously for improvement and excellence through learning and development.
- We are innovative, adaptive and open to new and flexible ways of working.
- We design and deliver services from the citizen's point of view.
- We provide our services in a manner that is competent, courteous and responsive.
- We work together to deliver effective outcomes.
- We support, trust and value our colleagues and empower each other to make decisions.
- We are open and honest with each other.
- We constructively challenge and encourage each other to do better.