Concerns and Complaints

image of houses

I am concerned about my private well what should I do?

The first step is to have your well tested to identify if your well has been contaminated and with what kind of substance.  Try to identify where the problem is coming from.  Often it is either from your own property or from a neighbouring property.  If the problem is on your own property, rectify it and check that your well is constructed properly and consider treatment or connection to a public or group water scheme.  If you think the problem may be from your neighbours, then talk to your neighbour about the suspected cause of contamination.  It may be that your neighbour is unaware of the location of your well or the consequences of their actions.  If this fails you should make your complaint in writing to the Environment Section of your local authority or use the EPA "See It, Say It" smart phone application to report the incident.

Learn More

How to make an environmental complaint.