Under Horizon Europe Pillar 2, environmental research can be found under most clusters.
It is particularly covered under Clusters 5 and 6, for which the EPA is involved as National Expert as well as National Contact Point.
Cluster 5: Climate, energy and mobility
- Destination-1. Climate sciences and responses for the transformation towards climate neutrality
- Destination-2. Cross-sectoral solutions for the climate transition
- Destination-3. Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply
- Destination-4. Efficient, sustainable and inclusive energy use
- Destination-5. Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes
- Destination-6. Safe Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods
Find out more about the national support available for Cluster 5
Cluster 6: Food, bioeconomy, natural resources, agriculture and environment
- Destination-1. Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Destination-2. Fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food systems from primary production to consumption
- Destination-3. Circular economy and bioeconomy sectors
- Destination-4. Clean environment and zero pollution
- Destination-5. Land, oceans and water for climate action
- Destination-6. Resilient, inclusive, healthy and green rural, coastal and urban communities
- Destination-7. Innovative governance, environmental observations and digital solutions in support of the Green Deal
Find out more about the national support available for Cluster 6
The first calls under Horizon Europe are planned to open in Spring 2021 with a closing date in September 2021.