EPA Researchers awards 2022
The EPA Researchers Awards 2022 acknowledge and celebrate the work carried out by EPA-funded research teams during 2022. Submissions can be made under three categories:
|EPA Researchers Awards 2022 Categories|
|Researcher video of the year
|Researcher photograph of the year
|Researcher project infographic of the year
The winners of the EPA Researchers awards will be promoted through our website and social media channels.
View the 2021 winners.
The indicative timeframe is as follows:
|Wednesday 11th January 2023 at 11:00 GMT
||Researchers Awards launch
|Wednesday 8th March 2023 at 17:00 GMT
How to make a submission
- Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 8th March 2023 17:00 GMT and include the submission form and submission as an attachment. The submission form can be downloaded here. Videos can be submitted using a file share link.
- Please include “EPA Researchers Awards” in the subject line and state which category the submission is for.
All queries in relation to the EPA Researchers Awards should be sent to email@example.com
Video entries should be a short explanation of how your research/findings link to the policy context, or how the research will inform environmental policy.
In your email please include:
- Name and affiliation of speaker(s)
- Word document with transcript
- Video entries should be no longer than 3 mins.
- Video entries should be submitted in MP4 file format.
- Winning video will be edited by the EPA to add the EPA Research & Government of Ireland logos, subtitles and speaker’s name and affiliation.
- Video entries may be as creative as you wish, using slides, graphics, presentations, or any other relevant means to convey your message.
Video entries will be scored on:
- If the language is clear and in plain English.
- How engaging the video is to the viewer.
- On sound and picture quality.
Photograph entries should illustrate challenges/pressures or solutions to our environment or the environmental challenge you are trying to address through your EPA-funded research.
- Photograph entries should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB.
- Photograph entries should be submitted in JPEG file format.
- Photograph entries should be of one image and not a collage of images.
Photograph entries will be scored on:
- How attention grabbing the photograph is.
- The technical quality such as the colour and lighting.
- The creativity of the photograph.
An infographic is a visual representation of information or data. Infographic entries should outline the knowledge that has been generated through your EPA-funded research and how to best utilise this knowledge through interaction with key stakeholders.
- Static infographic entries maximum file size is 4MBs.
- Infographic entries should be PDF file format.
- Please ensure infographic entries include the requirements outlined in the EPA Research Project Communication Guide.
Infographic entries will be scored on:
- The creativity and originality of the infographic.
- The quality of the story told.
- Overall design of the infographic.
Terms and Conditions
- All videos/photographs/infographics must have been created/taken in 2022.
- The EPA Researchers Awards are open to all EPA-funded Research projects (ongoing/complete).
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the entry is submitted before the submission deadline.
- Only one entry per project is permitted in each category but a project may enter as many categories as it likes.
- You must be the sole owner and author of the entry or you must have permission to use the video/photograph/infographic for the purpose of the awards.
- Video/photograph/infographic must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous-, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Entry must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- All Entrants understand that any video/photograph/infographic submitted to the competition may be used by the EPA for marketing and promotional purposes. You hereby grant the EPA irrevocable licence in each entry for any use connected to promotion.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to grant permission to the EPA to use and reproduce their work, with appropriate acknowledgement.
- There are no cash alternatives available for prize winners.
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
- The EPA reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Terms and Conditions have been compromised.
- The EPA reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions without notice.