Where can I get more information on Grants?

The Department of Environment, Community and Local Government (DECLG) is responsible for the provision of funding for any grant scheme.  Local authorities will administer the grant scheme under the Rural Water Programme.

It is important to note that the grant scheme for domestic waste water treatment systems (DWWTS) is not a universal scheme - the treatment system concerned must have been inspected under the 2012 legislation.  At a minimum the treatment system requiring remediation must have been registered by the owner of the premises connected to it by the prescribed date of 1st February 2013. There are also income limits regarding availability of the grant.

Learn More

Further information on the grants can be viewed at the links below from the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government website

Minister Hogan announces septic tank grant scheme

Domestic Waste Water Treatment Systems (Financial Assistance) Regulation 2013 (S.I. No. 222 of 2013)

Grant application form and guidance

Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) Scheme

Repair or improvement works carried out may also be eligible for tax relief under the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) Scheme.  Information on the scheme and a guide for homehowners are available on the Revenue Commissioners website.