Asbestos - who to contact

In most cases you should contact your local authority or the Health & Safety Authority if you have a query about asbestos.

The EPA does not investigate asbestos, except for organisations or sites regulated by us.

Explore organisations and sites regulated by the EPA or find those near you on a map.

Remove asbestos or work with asbestos

You should hire a specialist contractor to safely remove or work on asbestos. Contact the Health & Safety Authority for advice.

Dispose of asbestos

You should hire a registered contractor to properly dispose of asbestos. Contact the National Waste Collection Permit Office to find a contractor.