Drains or sewers - who to contact

In most cases you should contact your local authority if you have a query or complaint about a drain or sewer.

The EPA does not investigate drains or sewers except for organisations or sites regulated by us.

Explore organisations and sites regulated by the EPA or find those near you on a map.

On a public road or in local authority housing estate

Contact your local authority to investigate a blocked drain or sewer.

In a private housing estate, apartment block or industrial estate

The property owner or management company is responsible for clearing drains and sewers on private property.
Irish Water may be able to help in some circumstances.

Explore an interactive map of your local environment

'My Local Environment' is an online map with up-to-date information about the environment where you live.