Litter, dumping and burning - who to contact

In most cases you should contact your local authority if you have a query or complaint about litter, dumping or burning of waste.

The EPA does not investigate litter, dumping or burning except for organisations or sites regulated by us.

Explore organisations and sites regulated by the EPA or find those near you on a map.

To report litter, dumping or burning

Contact your local authority.

You may also submit a report to the National Environmental Complaints Line or call 1800 365 123 (24 hours).

Learn more about the effects of illegal burning waste

Backyard burning is illegal and releases harmful chemicals into the air.

Explore an interactive map of your local environment

'My Local Environment' is an online map with up-to-date information about the environment where you live.