EPA Co-funded Scholarship Scheme
The EPA can co-fund PhD scholarships with third level institutions.
Under the EPA Co-funded Scholarship Scheme, funding is available for a small number of awards, as per the following:
- 48-month PhDs (indicative budget of €96,000);
- Limited to new and innovative projects;
- Co-funded by an Irish host research institution on a 50:50 basis;
- EPA to be consulted in the selection process of the candidate (i.e. interview panel);
- All co-funded PhDs would have to adhere to the EPA’s funding rules and reporting requirements.
Selection criteria will cover the following points:
- Proposal should be for innovative research aimed at supporting environmental policy in Ireland.
- The proposedscholarship should provide evidence to identify pressures, inform policy and develop solutions.
- The proposed scholarship should be relevant to:
- EPA Research;
- National environmental policy context; and
- Implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Open funding opportunities
Currently, there is no open call.
View the 2019 EPA Co-funded Scholarship awards
View the 2018 EPA Co-funded Scholarship awards